sábado, 23 de febrero de 2008

Gazza needs help



It was frustating for all footie fans to hear Gazza was involved in trouble again. Last Thursday, he was detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a Tyneside hotel.


Reports say that he had caused some disturbances at Newcastle's Malmaison Hotel on Wednesday. So, after leaving that hotel, he checked in at the Hilton Newcastle.

A spokesman from the Hilton claimed he was arrested there because they'd received a phone call from the police asking for man whose name was Paul Gascoigne.


Later that day, Northumbria Police confirmed Gazza had been detained under the Mental Health Act.



After such an incident, don't you think it's high time Gazza got help. His family must be his support otherwise all this will be a dead-end street for Gazza. We all know he drank heavily, took drugs and etc but let's forget about that. Drug or alcohol rehabs are a long steep way. Gazza seems to be stumbling on this way now, that is why he need a hand to go on trudging to the top of the mountain.


Here I've found some extracts from his book that are worth a look.


"If I stay sober, will I turn into a boring person? I was always fun when I was drinking. The only bad bit was afterwards. Now it feels really good to wake up every morning with a clear head and remember where I’ve been."


"I’m an alcoholic. I’m proud to say that. It’s what you have to do. I’m going to AA meetings. Three a week if I can make it. And I have a counsellor I’m going to keep on seeing. I haven’t had a drink now for three months. I’ve been on the wagon before, for even longer periods, but I knew then it wouldn’t last. I hope it will this time. Sheryl says I can stay here with her if I stay sober and sensible. I don’t think I’ll get another chance if I f*** this one up".


"So I’m just taking things easy. Playing with the kids, going to the garden centre, having a quiet meal out. When we have friends or Shel’s relations over they don’t drink while they’re here. It’s a lovely day and the kids are playing in the swimming pool. The garden’s looking lovely. Shel is being nice to me, I’m being nice to her. We’re going to have a barbecue this evening when Sheryl’s dad comes round".


The Best for you Gazza..

No hay comentarios: